New! High Quality Cytokine Cocktails
Simple Protocols &
Optimized Protein Formulations
R&D Systems is the world’s premiere source of recombinant proteins. Extensive quality control produces industry leading bioactivity and lot-to-lot consistency that instills confidence in results and ensures reproducibility.
Can't find your protein of interest?
Please fill out our Product Suggestion Form.
Bulk Recombinant Proteins
There is no need to sacrifice quality and reproducibility to obtain a size and price that matches your research needs. Our Sales Team is ready to discuss pack sizes and economical pricing.
For questions or a quote, please contact us.
Our high quality cytokines and growth factors are available where current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are required. Our list of available GMP-grade recombinant proteins is expanding regularly.
We offer proteins manufactured in a laboratory exclusively dedicated to the production and purification of recombinant proteins using all non-animal reagents.
Recombinant Protein Quality Control
- Each new lot is tested side-by-side with previous lots for purity, biological potency, and
- Recombinant proteins are typically over 95% pure.
Protein Sequence Accuracy
- N-terminal amino acid sequence analysis is performed for each recombinant protein to verify the correct sequence.
- Bioactivity is measured experimentally with the appropriate biological system.
- Activity is consistent with literature-based expectations if available.
Endotoxin Level and Microbial Bioburden Test
- Each new production lot of protein is assessed for endotoxin using the Limulus Amoebocyte Lysates (LAL) assay. The endotoxin level is typically <0.1EU/ug.
- Each protein is tested to rule out microbial contamination using direct plating and broth dilution, according to guidelines from the United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
- Recombinant proteins are formulated for best stability and are lyophilized from a sterile filtered solution. They are available without or with a carrier protein, usually bovine serum albumin (BSA) at 50 mg/mg of protein.
- Recombinant enzymes are in solution and ready to use.