R&D Systems offers an extensive selection of purified recombinant and natural:
- Growth factors
- Adhesion molecules
- Neurotrophic factors
- Developmental proteins
Human, mouse, and rat proteins are our focus. In addition, we have proteins from the following:
- Bovine, Equine, Feline, Porcine, Canine
- Cotton rat, Chicken, Xenopus, Rhesus macaque, Zebrafish
- Drosophila and other insects
- Viral and bacterial proteins
Locate your protein of interest three ways:
Our proteins feature:
- Each new lot is tested side-by-side with a previous lot for biological potency, endotoxin level, and purity.
- Minimal lot-to-lot variability
- Recombinant proteins are typically over 95% pure.
- Ensures that the experimental outcome is a result of the protein of interest and not due to the presence of a contaminant
- Each new production lot of protein is assessed for endotoxin using the Limulus Amoebocyte Lysates (LAL) assay.
- Low endotoxin levels are essential when proteins are used in biological systems that are sensitive to its effect.
- Most recombinant proteins are lyophilized from a sterile filtered solution containing a carrier protein, usually bovine serum albumin (BSA) at 50 micrograms per 1 microgram of the protein of interest.
- Gives the lyophilized protein greater stability
- Allows easy handling and storage
- Maximizes recovery upon reconstitution
- For applications where carrier protein is undesirable (e.g. in vivo experiments), carrier-free proteins are available (identifiable with the catalog extension of "/CF").
- Our recombinant enzymes are in solution and ready to use.
- When experimental protocols require large quantities of a particular protein, special bulk pack sizes can be purchased. This will reduce the cost per unit mass. Please contact us for a bulk order quote.
Our high quality cytokines and growth factors are available for research and further manufacturing applications where current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are required.
To support developing research and bioproduction demands, we offer products manufactured in a laboratory exclusively dedicated to the production and purification of recombinant proteins using all non-animal reagents. Every stage of our established fermentation and protein purification methodologies has been specifically modified for the manufacture of animal-free products. Animal-free proteins are important for researchers concerned with experimental variables caused by trace animal components or mammalian pathogens and are particularly important for ex vivo cell therapy studies. Products that are generated under animal-free conditions share the same biological activity as those produced in a typical laboratory environment.
Animal Component-Free Process (ACFP) Recombinant Proteins
Additionally, we offer Animal Component-Free Process (ACFP) recombinant proteins expressed in an animal-free certified Sf 9 insect cell line using dedicated animal-free raw materials and labware. Production and purification of these ACFP proteins is performed outside of the dedicated animal-free laboratory. However, each stage of production and purification has been specifically modified for the manufacture of ACFP products.
To stay current with the latest protein releases, you can subscribe to our weekly email notification.